Starting date: December 2007
Yearly budget: AR$ 13.000,00
Place: Alimentar Enseñando
Status: In process with a volunteer teacher
Development of the children in ALIMENTAR ENSEÑANDO
The health of the children is a constant concern for us for this reason since last year we started with nutritional education for mothers but now we go further we verify that this is understood what will begin to implement international test for children.
Feeding Teaching begins testing physical and neurological development in children who attend our institution as a second stage after working on the nutrition of the same.
We know that the malnourished children can not develop well physically and neurologically. Problems also exist with large families (eg 14 members) living in a house crammed into that can measure 16 m2 studio apartment and are generally under conditions of great poverty, lack of hygiene in all these cases there is great risk of disease or chronic infections.
In this situation we can not see the child’s developmental level without falling into the error of guessing. For this reason we have begun to use international tests that are specific to this population on weight for height and a wide selection of cognitive tests, audits, and visual coordination.
Combined tests of vision that allows us to recognize many visual problems and hearing tests in the future we will have a complete system to analyze the child’s real to know that we do if there is any problem with it.
One organization offered us help with the provision of glasses for children, but no hearing tests because we do not have the equipment to do them on.
The test results are important because:
- Recognizes the problems of physical development of children.
- After recognizing the problems of physical development can find out if this is generated by poor nutrition or chronic illness. Typical problems that can have these kids that can cause in stature and low weight are chronic infections such as otitis, urine, and diabetes, etc..
- Recognizes neurological problems in children.
- Neurological problems may be secondary to nutritional problems or physical illness, but if you find any problem in this area, it may be that these problems occur in their living environment or congenital, the possible solution here is to assist school because it can improve their skills.
- All our tests help us to teach people the importance in nutrition, hygiene, etc ...
Dr. David Irons